Last Edited on 04-29-2019
Rules & Regulations
The Rules and Regulations below are understood and accepted as part of the Agreement between Synthplex™ LLC, and those attending or renting booth space at our Synthplex™ Event/ Shows. Please read these Rules and Regulations and everything should go smoothly, and all will have a great time!
RULES FOR ATTENDEES
Synthplex™ Show is open to all synthesizer enthusiasts (people) who pay for admission, or receive a complimentary pass from an exhibitor and attendees may join us for either single day or multi-day entry. Synthplex™ LLC reserves the right to solicit all registrants for future Synthplex™ Shows, events and promotions. By attending an event, you agree that Synthplex™ Show may release to an event sponsor your presence at the sponsored activity and your corresponding contact information. Any registration information, ticket changes or substitutions made in advance of the show will be at no additional charge, however no refunds will be given. All ticket sales are final.
Synthplex™ LLC and our contractors/ service providers does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We love everyone equally!
NO PETS ALLOWED EXCEPT SERVICE DOGS
Absolutely no pets are allowed in the convention center. If you are a person with a disability, then you may bring your service dog per California law. A "service dog," under California law, is a dog trained to help a specific individual with a disability with services such as fetching dropped items, minimal protection work, rescue work, or pulling a wheelchair. Your service/ emotional support dog should be identified as such (with a proper ID vest) and if asked by any staff member for proof of service status, you must present the necessary paperwork to identify your dog as an emotional support animal. Failure to produce such paperwork could cause you to be ejected from the show without refund. Check with the events hotel, as they may allow pets in the hotel rooms for an additional fee and cleaning service.
No attendee, contractors, volunteers or others attending the Synthplex™ show may conduct himself or herself in a manner offensive to decency or good taste. All attendees may not do anything detrimental to the success of the show or interfere with the business goals of any of the attendees or exhibitors. This includes, but is not limited to, disturbances or demonstrations of any kind, picketing against exhibitors, manufacturers, distributors, guest speakers, performing artists and any other attendees. It is forbidden for visitors to drop off or hand out literature or propaganda of any kind to any exhibitor’s booths. Furthermore, you may not hand out any materials to anyone on the Convention Center or Hotel property. Attendees may not attempt to recruit exhibitor’s sales personnel at the Show or at any of the Synthplex™ Show activities.
EDUCATIONAL & OTHER SEMINARS
Any person who has paid for admission may attend the Educational seminars. There may be some education sessions, history sessions, pop-up synth museum, Master's Q&A sessions, performances, etc. that may require additional fees to attend these limited space events. Fees paid are not refundable under any circumstances. While attending any Synthplex™ seminars please follow all rules & requests given by the rooms' docent and please silence your cell phones. Please be courteous with your smart phone usage. If you must take a phone call during a seminar, please answer it outside of the room and please do not text during the seminars. Be courteous.
AUDIO AND VISUAL RECORDING
By attending and participating in the Synthplex™ Show, you agree that you will not take any photography, videography or audiotaping to be used for commercial purposes (“Recordings”). Show management reserves the sole right for itself and for its authorized vendor(s) to make Recordings. Any party seeking to make Recordings at the Synthplex™ Show must be approved by Synthplex™ Show Management in writing, in advance of the Synthplex™ Show. Violation of this rule shall be cause for immediate ejection from the event without refund and without participation in future Synthplex™ Show events. You also agree that by attending the Synthplex™ Show, that the Synthplex™ Show may make Recordings of You, Your personnel, and if applicable, Your booth space and products for commercial use.
RESTRICTED USAGE OF CARTS, STROLLERS or WAGONS
Attendees of the Synthplex™ Show are not permitted to use carts, strollers or wagons on the trade show floor, nor in the Convention Center lobby at any time. Infant children are permitted if they are carried in a Child/ baby carrier or in your arms. If you have a special request or special needs concerning this policy, please discuss this with Synthplex™ management prior to the show start. We are not unreasonable, and we strive to be fair always. Wheelchairs are of course permitted and the hotel and convention center facilities are fully ADA compliant.
ALCOHOL POLICY & NO GLASS CONTAINERS
All Attendees must not bring any glass containers into the Convention Center, nor into any of the common areas of the Hotel. You may consume beverages in glass containers, only in the restaurants/ bar or your hotel room and nowhere else. You may utilize plastic cups (Red or other colors) or aluminum cans on the premises.
If you are going to consume alcohol, we kindly request that you do so without infringing on the rights of others. We kindly ask that you do not drink to the point of intoxication where you cannot fully care for your own self. As a reminder, in California; “It is unlawful for any person to possess any can, bottle or other container of any alcoholic beverage which has been opened, or a seal broken, or the contents of which has been partially removed, upon any public right-of-way (including the street, park-strip, sidewalk and public property up to the private property”. So please do not walk off the Hotel & Convention Center property with any open containers and please do not drink and drive for any reason… Instead call a taxi, Uber or Lyft for a safe & inexpensive ride to your destination and please do not go to jail.
Any company or person who violates any of the rules and regulations of Synthplex™ Show including giving your badge to another unregistered person, is subject to a $500.00 penalty for each violation. In addition, any company or person who violates the Rules and Regulations of the Synthplex™ Show may be subject, at the discretion of Synthplex™ LLC, to additional sanctions including, but not limited to, immediate removal from the show premises and prohibition from attending Synthplex™ Shows in the future.
Synthplex™ Show management reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any attendee in whole or in part, with or without giving cause. The Synthplex™ Show's liability for rejection without giving cause shall be limited to a refund to the Attendee of the amount of fees unearned at the time of ejection. However, if an Attendee is ejected for violation of these rules or for any other stated reason (with cause), no return of fees will be made.
CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
In the event of any claim or dispute arising under this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt to resolve the matter over a period of at least thirty-one (31) days. If no resolution is reached during that time, the parties may submit the dispute for resolution through such alternative dispute mechanism as the parties mutually agree upon at such time. In the absence of agreement as to alternative dispute resolution, either party may pursue any remedies available to it at law or equity.
Should either party bring an action to enforce terms or declare rights under this agreement, or should the parties agree to submit any disputes to Alternative Dispute Resolution, the substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other relief to which it is entitled, its reasonable attorney's fees and all costs of suit as fixed by the court or the alternative dispute resolution panel.
Should either party resort to litigation or any form of alternative dispute resolution, the parties agree that California law shall apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws and that jurisdiction and venue shall be in state or federal court for Los Angeles County, California.
Synthplex™ LLC reserves the right to modify or add to these rules and regulations as it deems necessary at any time. Attendees, Exhibitors and all other parties will be expected to observe any modified regulations or additional regulations made by the official representatives of Synthplex™ LLC.
RULES FOR EXHIBITORS
- Synthplex™ shows are open to exhibitors approved by Synthplex™ LLC management.
- Exhibit booth staff should be full-time employees of the exhibitor or temp-personnel employed for the duration of the show. Badges for staff are not transferable. Exhibitor Badges are free (Table top displays get 2 badges and each 10’ x 10’ booth get 4 badges). If you have a new employee or temp-staff who needs to register on-site, they must present a company letter of authorization if your company principal is not present. On-site registration is subject to a $75.00 administration/ processing fee.
- Charter Exhibitors are companies who exhibited at our very first Synthplex™ Show in Burbank in 2019. To maintain Charter Status, the exhibitor must exhibit in at least one Synthplex™ show annually.
- Registration information, badge name changes or staff substitutions made in advance of thirty (30) days of the show will be at no charge. Changes or substitutions within thirty (30) days of the show are subject to a $75.00 Administration/ processing fee on-site.
- Booth space is available only to Synthplex™ approved industry suppliers. Exceptions may be made by Synthplex™ LLC for international, national or regional associations and other non-listed companies that provide services to the synthesizer, keyboard & general music industry. All exhibitors must be in good standing with Synthplex™ LLC and have submitted an official signed and executed Space Reservation Agreement (SRA). Exhibitors are permitted to sell and market their products at the Show, however they will be required to purchase the proper Itinerant Merchant Permit which is required by the city of Burbank. This fee is to be paid to Synthplex™ at time of executing your SRA form. Itinerant Merchant Permits are required for any vendor wishing to sell goods at Synthplex™. You may not sell goods at Synthplex™ without having obtained this permit from Synthplex™.
- All booths (10’ x 10’ and larger) and table top displays are to be assigned to one company or corporation only, but up to 2 companies maximum may “share” (split) a table top display in either 4ft or 8ft size or up to 3 companies in a 10’ x 10’ booth, if they properly contract with Synthplex LLC for the established “booth sharing” fee as set forth in our current SRA agreements/ contracts. This “booth sharing” provision is reserved for a distributor or a retailer that wants to market multiple brands and have staff from another company demonstrating and working in their booth. It is for this reason, that we have established the “booth sharing” fee to facilitate the marketing of multiple brands in one shared space. Please see the current price sheet and SRA agreement for full details on this “booth sharing” cost. For two smaller/ startup companies (like Eurorack manufacturers for example) that are not legally related, but have a strategic alliance, we may at our own discretion, allow you to share a booth or table-top display if one of the two companies agrees to pay the full contract amount, and subsequently between the two parties, you decide together how you will split the total costs. Allowance of ANY “booth sharing” provisions are at the sole discretion of Synthplex LLC owners and management. Any companies found sharing a booth without paying for this provisional “booth sharing” right, will be subject to immediate removal from the show and a $500.00 fine. Additionally, violators may be subject to a lifetime ban from exhibiting at future Synthplex Shows.
- All exhibits are to be in Synthplex™ authorized and designated booth locations only. No other outside exhibits, product promotions, or product premiers are permitted in any other location, including but not limited to; a hotel room, a mobile bus or motorhome, an owned or rented house or apartment nearby, any bar, pub, restaurant, theater, studio, rehearsal space, office or retail space, nearby etc.. Exhibitors that violate this rule may be banned from any future participation in Synthplex™ shows or events.
- Exhibit space will be assigned based on the exhibitor's a) Priority Points, b) date of receipt of your signed Space Reservation Agreement with 50% deposit, c) total square footage, and d) proximity to competitors. Additional Priority Points may also be accrued through Sponsorships, marketing via Synthplex™ Show and other opportunities. All Priority Points are accumulated per each Synthplex™ show you take part in. To receive Priority Points, you must pay all invoices on time. Failure to pay on time will result in forfeiture of Priority Points.
- If a sold booth is not occupied prior to show opening and special arrangements have not been approved in writing between that exhibitor and the management of Synthplex™ LLC, the booth will be considered canceled and Synthplex™ LLC reserves the right to reassign and/or resell the canceled space to another company, without refunding the original exhibitor.
- The Synthplex™ Show allows for one day (Thursday) for exhibitor’s set-up. Refer to the current Synthplex™ Show Exhibitor Service Manual for specific show days and exhibit hours. Exhibits must be open on every official exhibit day for the full duration of the listed exhibit hours and will be closed at all other times. If you fail to observe the official exhibit schedule, you may lose Priority Points for booth assignments at future Synthplex™ Show events.
- Without express written approval from Synthplex™ LLC management, you may not display products/services and/or other advertising material in areas outside Your booth space in areas such as, but not limited to, parking lots, hotel lobbies, lounges, corridors, hotel rooms, etc. You may not conduct unauthorized off-site facility, factory or store tours during the duration of the Synthplex™ event.
You also agree not to operate hospitality suites or hold any other functions open to attendees or exhibitors, during show hours or when Synthplex™ Show sponsored activities are being held. Only contracted exhibitors who are Synthplex™ Show Sponsors may host a hospitality function in an official Synthplex™ show capacity. All requests for a hospitality suite or public function space must be made through Synthplex™ LLC.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to dismantle their booths until the published closing time of the final day of exhibits. No packing crates or boxes will be returned until that time. Refer to the exhibitor manual/dismantle schedule for dates and times of final removal from the exposition facility. All shipping arrangements (bills of lading, routing, etc.) should be made at the freight desk before departure. Any exhibitor that breaks down their booth prior to the close of show hours will forfeit their earned Priority Points and may be subject to a $500.00 fine. Breaking down your booth early is disrespectful to those visitors that may only have the last day of the show to visit your booth. You should give them the courtesy of your full attention and your interest in serving them. After all, they are the whole reason why you are exhibiting with us.
- Contracts received without deposit will not be processed. There will be no refunds. See the cancellation table in the Terms and Conditions for policies involving partial credit for cancellations. All cancellations will lose the Priority Points for the show. Any exhibitor who has reserved a booth and does not attend The Synthplex™ Show without notifying show management will be charged the full, non-discounted fee for the booth space as well as $1,000.00 per 10x10 booth to cover costs incurred, including those associated with decorating the booth space, moving other exhibitors, and other costs. If the show is sold out, and if the exhibitor gives sufficient advance notice, and Synthplex™ Show is able to resell the booth space, then Synthplex™ Show will apply a credit of the fee already paid toward the next year's shows. For the current rates, applicable discounts, and priority point calculation schedules, refer to the current Synthplex™ Show Space Reservation Agreement.
- All in-line table top booths shall conform to our Synthplex™ standards. Back panels shall not exceed 8' in height, including signage. If you want to have a special extended height additional charges will apply. Contact Synthplex™ management for quote. Furthermore, no booth shall extend out from the back wall more than thirty (30) percent of the booth depth. Side panels and counters shall not exceed 42" in height and constructed exhibits and products on display, shall not exceed this dimension. All side panels must be draped or finished at the exhibitor's expense, so as not to be objectionable to adjacent exhibitors. Endcaps/peninsula displays (two corners back to back) are only permitted in designated Premium space areas (See floor plan map for specific details). No Island displays are permitted.
- No booths may exceed 8' height in any location, unless special arrangements are made at least 60 days in advance of the show. Additional charges will apply.
- For 10’ x 10’ Premium booths, an 8' high draped background and 36" high draped side dividers will be provided by Synthplex™ Show. For inline table top booths an 8’ high draped background will be provided where booths are positioned back to back.
- Wastebaskets are provided for each booth type. 10’ x 10’ or larger booths get larger (rectangular) trash cans. Table Top display exhibitors will receive a smaller (round) wastebasket. All waste baskets can be emptied each night by the convention center staff. If you want your waste basket emptied, please put it out in the isle at the end of the day and they will empty it that evening and replace the bag liner as necessary. Expo hall staff will also perform a general cleaning and vacuuming of the aisle areas also. All premium 10’ x 10’ or larger booths will be vacuumed in preparation for the opening day of the show. All other booth cleaning is the responsibility of the exhibitor. If for some reason you find that your booth needs additional vacuuming before the show opens that day, please contact Synthplex Show Manager and request this service to be completed.
- All requests for additional services such as; furniture, additional draping, decorations and additional signs or banners are at the exhibitor's expense and should be placed directly with the Hotel’s Convention Services Department. All such requests must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the show.
- All exhibitor’s property is to be shipped to the Hotel Convention Center and you should require that your truck is equipped with a lift gate. If you fail to contract a truck with a lift gate you will be charged for forklift labor charges. The Hotel Convention Center has a minimum forklift charge of $300.00 ($75.00 per hour x 4-hour minimum). All shipments of your exhibit material and displays are to be made prepaid. There is no official show drayage facility and you must have your shipment arrive on the first day of the show (Thursday). If you do require special drayage or storage earlier than the first day of the event, please contact Synthplex™ management and they will find a way to accommodate your special needs. The Hotel’s Convention Center cannot store your property either before or after the show.
- The exhibitor is responsible for all material handling in and out of the Convention Center. You are solely responsible for any uncrating, construction, setup or unskidding of your freight in your booth, and for the dismantling & packing of your booth after the show ends. If you require labor services, please contact the Convention Center Services Department and they will give you an estimate for their services. Their houseman labor rates are currently $35.00 per hour (2-hour minimum) and their Engineering fees are $65.00 per hour (4-hour minimum). If you wish to hang any overhead signage or banner above your booth you will need to contact the Convention Center Services Department for approval and for a services quote. All empty packing crates must not be stored at the Convention Center, unless they are small enough items that can be stored below your table. Any large crates or storage boxes must be stored off-site or in your own truck. All requests for overhead signage must be preapproved in writing by Synthplex™ LLC management at least sixty (60) day prior to the show.
- Any requests for rigging and power, if any, must be submitted to the Hotel’s Convention Services Department a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the show start.
- No trunks, flight cases, suitcases, crates or other packing materials may be brought into or out of the exhibit area during exhibit hours. Refer to the current Synthplex™ Space Reservation Agreement (SRA).
- For guests who are staying at the Marriott hotel, if you must ship packages prior to the show beginning you may do so. Packages must be no more than 150 pounds maximum. Your packages can be securely stored at the hotel for a fee, that will be billed directly to your account. See the table below for current storage pricing. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Even though the storage area is secured, the Hotel and/or Synthplex™ cannot be held responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen packages.
- Labor jurisdiction and union rules are determined by the city and state in which Synthplex™ Shows are held. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters and other skilled labor, as well as common laborers or porters, can be arranged through the facilities Convention Center Services Department at established rates. All such arrangements should be made well in advance of the show. For all exhibitors who are eligible to set up their own display according to union guidelines must be full-time employees of the company and proof of employment may be requested. Review your exhibitor manual for specifics on union guidelines and restrictions (where applicable).
- Each 8’ or 10’ wide booth will come with one single outlet per booth. Local ordinance prohibits more than two (2) connections per single outlet box. All wiring must be three-wire and grounded with 60Hz and 120V - single phase. Special requests for higher voltages (208V or 220V) may be available at prevailing labor rates. The current rates for electrical services are $80.00 per hour straight time, $160.00 per hour for overtime and $240.00 per hour for night rate. If you require special high-voltage services or additional connections, please make your request directly with the Hotel’s Convention Services Department at least thirty (30) days prior to the show.
- No signs or advertising devices may be displayed outside of your exhibit space. Nothing may be posted, tacked or otherwise attached to columns, walls, floors or other parts of the building or furniture. All necessary and proper measures must be taken for the protection of the building, equipment or furniture at the expense of exhibitor. Graphic Signs with your 1 color logo are available at an additional cost of $200 per booth see Space Reservation Agreement if you wish to add this service. We can also quote you on multi-color signage if you so desire. Please make these requests early in the process. Sorry but we will not be able to provide on-site sign making services at the show.
- Exhibitors may not distribute or display products, circulars, catalogs or publications outside the confines of their exhibit space without advanced approval of show management at its discretion and payment of a $500.00 fee. In addition, such literature must bear the following notice: "Distribution of this literature is approved by Synthplex™ LLC; however, approval of distribution does not endorse the supplier or the content of this material". If any member of an exhibit staff is attired in a special costume relating to that company's product or exhibit, that person must remain within the exhibitor's booth space while in costume.
- No one attending the show may conduct himself or herself in a manner offensive to decency or good taste. Attendees may not do anything detrimental to the success of the show or interfere with the business goals of any of the attendees or exhibitors. This includes but is not limited to disturbances or demonstrations of any kind, picketing against other exhibitors, attendees, speakers, artists, hotel/ convention center staff or Synthplex™ staff members and management.
- Any or your full-time employees who are on exhibitor staff may attend the various seminars (space permitting). Certain Seminars & events may require additional fees. Fees paid are not refundable under any circumstances. If education seminars, and/or other paid education events are canceled by the participant more than thirty (30) days before the event, credit for a future education event only, will be issued. Within thirty (30) days of the event, no credit will be issued. Registration fees, name changes, etc. can be made up to thirty (30) days prior to the show at no charge.
- All visual and audio rights (“Recordings”) for all Synthplex™ Show events are reserved by Synthplex™ LLC. You may only make Recordings of items solely within Your booth. Except as noted above, by attending The Synthplex™ Show, you agree that you will not make any Recordings. The Synthplex™ Show management reserves the sole right for itself and for its authorized vendor(s) to make Recordings. Any party seeking to make Recordings at The Synthplex™ Show must be approved in writing by the Synthplex™ Show management. Violation of this rule shall be cause for immediate ejection from the event without refund and without participation in future Synthplex™ Show events. You also agree that by attending The Synthplex™ Show, that The Synthplex™ Show or our contracted service provider(s) on our behalf, may make Recordings of You, Your personnel, and if applicable, Your booth space and products for our commercial use.
- If you are an exhibitor that plans to sell merchandise at the show, you must secure an Itinerant Merchant Permit from the city of Burbank, via Synthplex™. The Itinerant Merchant Permit fee is to be paid to Synthplex™ at time of completing your SRA form and this fee is line itemed on the SRA form in section 2 and the pricing is detailed in the annual price sheet given to exhibitors. An “Itinerant Merchant Permit is required for any vendor selling goods at events that are open to the public”.
- Your Compliance with the State of California, Los Angeles County, City of Burbank, OSHA, ASCAP, BMI and FAA Codes and Laws is required. Additional information regarding City of Burbank permits and licensing may be obtained through the License Bureau by calling (818) 238-5280.
- Furthermore, special city issued permits may be required for radio communications, balloon releases, or after hour events serving alcohol.
- Any violation of these Rules & Regulations is subject to any applicable fee that the Exhibitor would have been required to pay had it complied with the Rules and Regulations, a fine of $1,000.00 plus all costs incurred in collecting these amounts (including reasonable attorney fees). Repeat offenses will result in doubled fines and increased penalties. Additionally, the violator may be subject to additional penalties as provided herein.
- All packing containers, wrapping paper and packing material, which must be flame proof, must be removed from the floor and must not be stored under tables or behind displays. Use of tissue paper, crepe, corrugated or other forms of flammable materials is strictly prohibited and materials used for table and shelf covering must be able to withstand a flame proof test as prescribed by fire ordinance of the host city. All inflammables are to be kept in safety containers. Open flames, oxygen tanks, etc. are not permitted without the permission of the host city's Fire Prevention Bureau.
- You expressly assume all the risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with your participation at the show including, without limitation, all risks of theft, loss, harm, damage or injury to the person (including death), property, business, or profits of exhibitor, whether caused by negligence, intentional act, accident, act of God or otherwise.
You have sole responsibility for Your property or any theft, damage, or other loss of such property (whether or not stored in any courtesy storage area), including any subrogation claims by Your insurer. Neither Synthplex™ LLC nor the exhibit facility accepts responsibility, nor is a bailment created for property delivered by or to You. Neither Synthplex™ LLC nor the exhibit facility shall be liable for, and You hereby release all of them from and covenants not to sue any of them with respect to any and all risks, losses, damages and liabilities described in this paragraph.
- Exhibitor understands that Synthplex™ LLC does not carry business interruption and property damage insurance coverage for loss or damage of exhibitor's property. The exhibitor agrees to obtain adequate insurance during the dates of the trade show, including move-in and move-out days.
Exhibitor assumes any and all the risks associated with their exhibition at The Synthplex™ Show and hereby expressly releases and agrees not to sue or make any claim against Synthplex™ LLC or the Convention Center Services Departments or their officers, agents or employees, and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Synthplex™ LLC and the Convention Center Services Departments harmless against any suit or claim.
Synthplex™ LLC assumes no responsibility or liability for any of the services performed or materials delivered by contractors or other suppliers to the show, their personnel, or their agents. Any controversies which may arise between exhibitors and official contractors, or personnel of either, on the show premises shall be referred to Synthplex™ LLC for resolution and Synthplex™ LLC decision shall be final and binding.
- Any company or person who violates any of the rules and regulations of The Synthplex™ Show including giving a badge to or registering an unauthorized person, is subject to a $500.00 penalty for each violation. In addition, any company or person who violates the rules and regulations of The Synthplex™ Show may be subject, at the discretion of Synthplex™ LLC, to additional sanctions including, but not limited to, immediate removal from the show premises and prohibition from attending The Synthplex™ Show in the future.
- The Synthplex™ Show reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any attendee in whole or in part, with or without giving cause. The Synthplex™ Show's liability for rejection without giving cause shall be limited to a refund to the Attendee of the amount of fees unearned at the time of ejection.
However, if an Attendee is ejected for violation of these rules or for any other stated reason (with cause), no return of fees will be made.
- .If Your display and/or booth are in violation of show display rules, and You refuse or are not available to rectify the violations, Synthplex™ Show Management reserves the right to instruct the general contractor to incur the necessary labor charges to remedy the violation(s) at Your cost.
- Each exhibitor, while participating in The Synthplex™ Show, is charged with knowledge of all Federal, State and local laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety. Compliance with such laws is mandatory for all exhibitors, and the sole responsibility is that of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitor represents and warrants: (1) the exhibit will be accessible to the full extent required by law, (2) that its exhibit will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and with any regulations implemented by the Act, and (3) that it shall indemnify and hold harmless and defend Synthplex™ LLC from and against any and all claims and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees and litigation expenses that may be incurred by or asserted against Synthplex™ LLC on the basis of the exhibitor's breach of this paragraph or non-compliance with any of the provisions of the ADA.
- Exhibitor represents and warrants that no musical work protected by copyright will be staged, produced or, otherwise performed via either "live" or "mechanical" means, by or on behalf of exhibitor, unless exhibitor has previously obtained written permission from the copyright owner or the copyright owner's designee (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC) for such use.
- Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, save and hold harmless and defend Synthplex™ LLC and its directors, officers, agents, employees, and each of them, from and against any and all claims, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses), demands, actions, and liabilities of every kind with respect to any breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
- In the event of any claim or dispute arising under this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt to resolve the matter over a period of at least thirty-one (31) days. If no resolution is reached during that time, the parties may submit the dispute for resolution through such alternative dispute mechanism as the parties mutually agree upon at such time. In the absence of agreement as to alternative dispute resolution, either party may pursue any remedies available to it at law or equity.
- Should either party bring an action to enforce terms or declare rights under this agreement, or should the parties agree to submit any disputes to Alternative Dispute Resolution, the substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other relief to which it is entitled, its reasonable attorney's fees and all costs of suit as fixed by the court or the alternative dispute resolution panel.
- Should either party resort to litigation or any form of alternative dispute resolution, the parties agree that California law shall apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws and that jurisdiction and venue shall be in state or federal court for Los Angeles County, California.
- Synthplex™ LLC reserves the right to modify or add to these rules and regulations as it deems necessary at any time. Exhibitors, attendees, speakers, performing artists and all other attendees will be expected to observe any modified regulations or additional regulations made by the official representatives of Synthplex™ LLC.
MOVE-IN, EXHIBIT HOURS, MOVE-OUT
SERVICES/ CONTRACTORS/DECORATORS & MATERIAL HANDLING
|0-10 lbs.||Small||$ 5.00 each way (in & out)|
|11-50 lbs.||Medium||$10.00 each way (in & out)|
|51-100 lbs.||Large||$20.00 each way (in & out)|
|101-150 lbs.||Extra Large||$40.00 each way (in & out)|